Copenhagen Buying Trip - August 2007



My first day in Denmark this trip was busy, it was early August and we had been really lucky with sunshine, which all the Danes had been complaining about the lack of this summer.

We get in around 2pm and head straight out to my first appointment. I had my list of what our clients were wanting alongside my Showroom Managers requests.

My first appointment was not too far out of CPH and was greeted on the street by Michael, one of our suppliers and his trusty dog.

Unfortunately Balen the dog had been over fed by a visiting guest; the farting began as we set off on our hour drive. Poor Michael was so embarrassed, Balan felt good about it, we laughed all the way.

Anyway, got to the warehouse and got some fresh air!

I found a fantastic piece of glass, a wall plate, quite rare, Per Lutken for Holmegaard. Michael sometimes has the ever elusive bear chair and I was lucky enough to find one last time, as we had a client who was looking for an original in teak.

No comments: