The Arne Vodder Range becomes a reality

The plane trip was a reminder of the distance we go to do what we do, especially being apart from my baby girl and wife.

I spend some time thinking about what we have been talking about and planning for over the last 6 months and it feels a little surreal. To be working with Arne and giving his products a new life is a once in a lifetime experience, especially as Arne is actually involved.

Our meeting is with Cabinet maker Daniel on Thursday, Arne will be there, Daniel, myself and Rasmus Koch, who is our agent in Denmark, it will be a bit of a momentous occasion, and I will try to organize a bottle of schnapps to make a toast. We have organised a photographer to capture the day and more importantly the feeling on the day. Hygge!!

Arne and I are meeting in the next day to talk about what else is possible in regards to designs and I am excited at the prospect of looking over old drawings and sketches he has done, we are particularly interested in some of his easy chairs and I also hope to ask if we can look at designing a sofa together!

I do not want people to read this and think I am being self indulgent or that I take this for granted, I feel extremely privileged to be where I am today and hope you as our clients feel this. I hoped this event would come about and felt confident I could make it happen, but never did I once presume.

We are really re launching the Arne Vodder brand back into the market after 50 years, and this is special. We have decided the best way to do this is to take the AV range and launch it ourselves at the Stockholm furniture fair in Sweden in Feb 2010, very exciting. We are setting up an office in Copenhagen this week, so we have a base here.

I am also of course here searching out beautiful vintage furniture for our clients and know I will be sending back some stunning examples, I intent to post a few this time, which I normally don’t, to give you a sneak peak.

Copenhagen in summer is beautiful, full of European tourists the walking streets are alive with buskers and you could easily hear half a dozen different languages while walking. The bikes are out, people are sunbaking and its only 25 degrees, they really soak it up when its here.

It is a very different place in summer, the strawberries you can smell as you pass the little corner stores and tulips are in bloom in the window boxes of the old apartments, the city has a lightness that is only in summer. The people are out to enjoy it.

Hotdogs, still love the hotdogs, but I was disappointed at the hotel Axel where I stay, as I tell everyone about these blueberry’s they have. I’m still not sure if they are dried or semi dried, but when you bite into them, its as if you have tasted the pure essence of a blueberry, its as if they have extracted the flavour! Anyway they have stopped buying them, so they have kindly offered to buy me a box and I am determined to import them somehow. I have tried finding something in Australia, but they are Canandian or from New York and the don’t have that same intense flavour, I will keep you posted, contact me if you interested in buying some, maybe we will try to bring them out at Christmas; a special one off delivery!!!

I hope you enjoyed this, I will blog again after I had our meeting re AV.

2 comments:

Made-Good said...

Hi i am a follower of your blog and just wanted to say I think its an amazing thing you are doing and as a vintage furniture dealer it is something I could only dream about. I am really looking forward to seeing the range when it comes out. All my best wishes.

Made-Good said...

Hi i am a follower of your blog and just wanted to say I think its an amazing thing you are doing and as a vintage furniture dealer it is something I could only dream about. I am really looking forward to seeing the range when it comes out. All my best wishes.